Saturday, March 10, 2007

Lots of Canaries

Everybody was chirping, lots of canaries at Scottsdale Stadium 3/9/07, until you hear the public address announcer call out his name. Once HIS name gets announced you get silence. People want to see this guy hit. Me, my priorities weren't exactly in order. It is Spring Training, so I'm thinking about fixing 'me dry troat.'

I'm in line about to purchase yet another cold one and I hear the roar of the crowd.
Barry Bonds' name was just announced over the loud speaker so you know he was the reason for the roar and it just goes to show how he almost always seems to deliver...the goods. I look at the person next to me and say, "What did he just do?" We were both speculating on what he just did and it was neat how the conversation just picked up with people wanting to add in their own two cents. You knew it was good by the way the crowd roared. He just smiled, nodded and went on his way. Smiles filled the area and once again we got total satisfaction from #25.

We are not worthy,

We are Giants' fans.

Soak this guy in for all he's worth. Because you may not see a player of his magnitude, again, for a long, long time.

Prediction: He hits number 756 against the Milwaukee Brewers at AT&T park on July 21, 2007.


-KevinMarquez