Monday, May 3, 2010

Kerry Wood in 4/13/2010 edition of The Sporting News

Pitcher to watch: Tim Lincecum. Do I need to say why?

Best Road Hotel: St. Francis in San Francisco,CA. It's right in the middle of Union Square and close to everything.

Best Former Teammate: Moises Alou. He played the game hard, played the game right. He was always ready to go and a fantastic teammate.

Brandon Inge, the former Detroit Tiger catcher turned third baseman. He can throw a baseball 100 yards. "We used to have a minicamp thing at Ford Field and Steve Avery and I would stand under the goal posts on opposite sides and try to throw it almost to the rafters and through the other goal post. We were just bombing."

He can kick a 60-yard field goal.
"I take my right shoe off, set the football on my right shoe and set it on the 50-yard line-and kick it through the uprights. Barefoot, two steps, soccer style.

(thanks to the Sporting News for finding these interesting facts. I apologize for not speaking of the San Francisco Giants until now.

Taking 2 of 3 from the St. Louis Cardinals, Philadelphia Phillies and Colorado Rockies says it all. GO GIANTS!)

Kevin Marquez